Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Glazing Pots

Well, today is the beginning of a glaze marathon. There are about 3 kiln loads of bisque, which is about 6-7 loads of glost (can't stack pots with glazes on them, they stick).

So, I started today. Hard part is remembering what I had in mind for some of these pots when I made them. I know some family members think I'm a bit odd, because I "talk" to my pots, but worse, they "talk" back. Well, it's more like a whisper really. When I make them, they let me know what they should look like when they are finished, even if I'm not always up to the task. I'm still a "Learner".

So today, I got one layer in, and some more pots with the insides done, and drying ready for tomorrow.

Schedule for Tomorrow
  1. Feed the Husband (very important!)
  2. Feed the ducks
  3. Feed the chickens
  4. Glaze, glaze, glaze!
Now for the end of the day ritual

Carpe Vinum!

No comments:

Post a Comment