Monday, October 5, 2009

Testing, Testing!

After the "farm" and "wine making" stuff of the weekend, it was good to get in the studio today. I spent most of my time doing some glaze tests - small pots with some layering of different glazes, hoping to find some magical combinations for the 3 or 4 kiln loads of bisque that is sitting there.

I have 3 nice combos already. A white with a Waterfall Brown (M^6G - RR & JH) on top. This is for a set of rice/cereal bowls and serving dish. Then for a set of mixing bowls, a dark green with Waterfall on top (by request). Another set of bowls will be a ^6 Blue Hare's fur with a thin overcoat of a sky blue - it mottles really nicely with some lovely runs.

I have some rather good matte glaze combinations, but I'm not yet sure how I am going to use them. They are not for everyone since many people don't like green for food service. I love green, but you have to make things that other people want sometimes.

Must remember to take the camera to the studio tomorrow. I love opening the kiln!

No comments:

Post a Comment