Friday, October 7, 2016

Hurricane Matthew

It's October 6th, and our first Autumn in Florida. We are expecting our first hurricane, and of course, it's the biggest they have seen in decades, it's building, and could possibly go from a 4 to a 5.

I am somewhat scared as I have seen news reports of what these hurricanes can do, and the devastation they bring. But, I'm also a little bit excited. I'm hoping to get video of it as it approaches and builds in intensity.

We were out getting gas a little while ago, for the generator and the car. If we lose power, we will have the generator, and if it gets bad, we can leave.

While we were there, the rain and wind started. There is a lull right now, but it's due to start picking up again in a couple of hours. It's supposed to get above 50 by 1 a.m. I don't think we'll be getting much sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment